Laser dentistry is a great way to improve the health and appearance of your smile. Whether you’re looking to whiten your teeth or improve the health of your gums, laser dentistry is a great way to go. Read on as a Midtown Miami, FL dentist talks about laser dentistry, how it’s used, and certain advantages lasers have to offer over traditional dental procedures.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry is a relatively new field of dental care, but it’s a game-changer. It involves the use of lasers to perform dental procedures.
Laser dentistry has many advantages over traditional dental procedures. For one thing, it’s faster—which means you’ll spend less time at the dentist’s office and more time doing what you want to do. It also reduces inflammation and bleeding, which means there’s less pain and fewer complications after your visit to the dentist.
Laser dentistry can be used in many different ways:
- To remove tartar from teeth (called “scaling”)
- To whiten teeth (called “bleaching”)
- To repair cracks in teeth (called “crowns,” which are caps for whole or partial crowns)
- Remove unhealthy tissue, such as decay or gum disease
- Whiten teeth (the laser helps remove stains)
- Prevent cavities (the laser kills bacteria before they form)
How Does It Work?
The dentist stands behind the patient and shines the laser into their mouth using mirrors placed above their head so they can see exactly where they are aiming at all times. The patient will feel some pressure on their gums as the beam burns away any infected tissue inside their mouth; after 10 minutes or so, this discomfort should go away completely (although some patients may experience slight discomfort during the procedure).
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Are you wondering what the benefits of laser dentistry are?
The answer is simple: it can make your dental experience better than ever before. Lasers are used in a variety of procedures, from cleaning to drilling and filling. Laser dentistry offers several benefits over traditional dentistry.
- It’s less invasive, meaning you have less chance of developing gum disease or tooth sensitivity;
- It’s faster than traditional dentistry methods (which means less time in the chair);
- It can be used on all types of teeth (including veneers and crowns); and
- It improves oral hygiene by removing plaque buildup at the gum line.
- There’s less pain and discomfort overall
We’re here to answer all your questions about it—from what it is and how it works to whether or not it’s right for you. Please don’t hesitate to call our Midtown Miami, FL dentist office if you need further assistance or wish to schedule an appointment.
!Post Social Share Icons