When people think of the words dentist and facial aesthetics, they don’t often think the concept goes hand in hand. However, now more than ever, dentists are expanding their practice to address cosmetic concerns and offer facial esthetics to their patients.
Read on as a Miami Beach, FL dentist talks about why dentistry and facial aesthetics go hand-in-hand.
What Are Facial Aesthetics?
Facial aesthetics include a range of treatments that are performed on the face for cosmetic purposes. It’s commonly used to treat wrinkles, age spots, scars, and other blemishes on the face. Facial aesthetics can also treat acne and acne scars, reduce the appearance of a double chin, or simply make you look younger.
There are many different types of facial aesthetics:
- Botox is used to reduce wrinkles by relaxing the muscles beneath the skin’s surface.
- Fillers are used to plump up the skin on your face and fill in wrinkles or acne scars.
- Laser surgery is an effective way to eliminate age spots and other blemishes on your skin.
- Chemical peels are used to smooth out the surface of your skin and remove dead cells from the outer layer.
- Microdermabrasion is an effective way to exfoliate and rejuvenate your skin.
- Facials are a great way to cleanse and hydrate your skin.
- Microcurrent is a treatment that uses low-level electrical currents to stimulate collagen production in the skin.
- Ultrasound therapy uses sound waves to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Why Dentists Do Facial Aesthetics Best
Dental practitioners in the field of facial aesthetics receive extensive training in the use of injectables, the placement of fillers, and other advanced cosmetic procedures. And a good dentist will be certified by the American Academy of Facial Esthetic Surgery (AAFES).
The AAFES certification process is rigorous and comprehensive, requiring dentists to demonstrate their knowledge through written exams as well as live demonstrations of their abilities.
Dentists who specialize in facial aesthetics can recommend the most effective treatment plans for patients looking to improve their appearance. They are also able to perform these procedures themselves while working closely with an aesthetician or another practitioner who specializes in injectables or fillers.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Facial Aesthetics?
The answer is simple: anyone who wants to look and feel better about themselves. Facial aesthetic treatments are for everyone, not just celebrities or young people.
No matter what your age, if you want to look younger and more refreshed, facial aesthetics can help. It’s never too late to improve your appearance through these treatments, which are designed to address the aging process and provide lasting solutions that work with your body’s natural processes.
If you have more questions or wish to schedule a consultation, feel free to call our Miami Beach, FL dentist office anytime!
!Post Social Share Icons