Teeth whitening is a great way to brighten up your smile and make you look younger, but it’s important to know that you’re getting the job done right. And while DIY over-the-counter whitening kits can deliver modest results, professional teeth whitening offers several benefits over doing it yourself at home.
Read on as a Miami Beach, FL dentist discusses the benefits of professional teeth whitening and what’s involved with a professional procedure.
Professional Teeth Whitening vs Doing It Yourself
A lot of people think they can do their own teeth whitening at home, but they often end up disappointed.
The main reason is that the whitening products available to you at the drugstore aren’t strong enough to get the results you need. If you want to get the most out of your teeth whitening experience, you should consider seeing a dentist or hygienist who offers professional teeth whitening.
Here are a few more reasons why getting your teeth whitened at the dentist’s office is the way to go:
- You don’t have to worry about damaging your teeth. When you do it yourself, you’re playing with chemicals that can be harsh on your gums and enamel. If you’re not careful, you could end up hurting yourself—or at least making your smile less white than it was before.
- You get personalized treatment from an expert. When you see a dentist for teeth whitening, they’ll take their time with each tooth individually to make sure they get the best possible results. With over-the-counter products, there’s no guarantee that they’ll work as well as they should—and if they don’t work at all, then you’re out of luck!
- It lasts longer than other methods of whitening your teeth.
What’s Involved With Professional Teeth Whitening?
In-office whitening is recommended for people who want quality results and fast results.
You’ll visit a dentist or dental hygienist who will apply a bleaching gel to your teeth before putting them under an ultraviolet light for 30 minutes.
During this time, the gel will break down surface stains on your teeth while the UV light works its magic to penetrate deeper into each tooth’s structure. The results are immediate—with only one treatment, you’ll see brighter teeth that are up to eight shades whiter!
Other Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Here are just a few benefits of professional teeth whitening:
- Makes your teeth look whiter and brighter
- Treats sensitive teeth
- Helps prevent cavities
- Improves gum health
- Reduces plaque buildup (which can lead to gum disease)
- Lessens the risk of getting periodontal disease
- Eliminates bad breath
- Improves overall health
If you have more questions or wish to schedule a consultation, feel free to call our Miami Beach, FL dentist office anytime!
!Post Social Share Icons